Coral beauty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That shouldn't be too aggressive but will eat corals. Also, you can't keep 2 dwarf Angels in anything less than 125. Or more.

What fish do you have in your tank? Most dwarf angels are considered semi aggressive but my lemonpeel is more than semi aggressive it is down right aggressive even to damsels.

I have a baby Koran angel and a clown fish, we are adding a baby raccoon butterfly tomorrow.

Lol yea 15 inches IN THE WILD!!! I can keep the Koran until it is too big for that size tank, it's not so much about Gallons so much it is room to swim and how clever you are as to creating a diverse area to explore.

OK. Of course it's your decision on how poor the living conditions are you provide the fish. If I had a dollar for every time I heard the "I can keep the fish until it is too big for that size tank" excuse, I would be retired long time ago.

No need for snide comments, I'm sure you are the king of fish keeping and everything in your tank is as perfect as the ocean

Good for you I hope that you continue striving. I apologise that my aspirations are not as high as yours.

No offense oO BRIGHTY Oo but Im pretty sure Larry kind of is the king of fishkeeping. Yes 15 in is how big they get in the wild, but a well fed healthy specimen can get bigger than that in captivity. Putting a koran in a 70g or however big your tank is is down right cruel. Obviously youre not very clever because you put it in that tank. All that your achieving with that attitude is bad for you. No one is going to want to help you and give you advice, especially me and ccCapt. If you didnt say that, larry and I would be glad to help you (larry being one of the most knowledgible on the site). So, way to go, you were mean and now youre not going to get any other advice for your tanks. Smooth move.

Beyond bothered, there is more then one opinion to be taken into consideration, if you want to go down the cruelty road then taking any animal from its natural habitat i.e an infinite ocean and shipping it half way round the world to be put in a box all be it 2ft 4ft 6ft or bigger is cruel, choose your poison, depriving it the opportunity to reproduce and replenish its species population. To a degree all fish keeping is cruel. I certainly won't loose any sleep not having one persons advice. If I wanted advice on my Koran I would have started a thread on it.

You may consider all fish keeping to be cruel, but keeping a fish in an Dequate size tank is not cruel, hence the word adequate. Keeping a fish in and inadequate size tank(your case, where the fish won't even be able to turn around when fully grown) is a perfect example. If you continue to do this, no one will want to help you, an say you don't want advice, because your on a fish forum. Obviously, you don't care about your fish and treT them like dirt, so when your Koran dies you won't be too sad. A friend of mine put fish keeping this way: it's like us going to a hotel and getting free food. In your case, it's like a terrorist locking you into a bathrOom. That sounds fun. We choose to go to hotels, not get stuck in bathrooms. Ps. Your arguing with a 13 yr old.

I think I would be able to identify if my fish was not able to turn around! The largest Koran ive seen matured in an 'adequate' 6ft tank is around 6-7 inches, mine is TWO inches, when it gets to say 4.5 then I may return him to my lfs I bought it from, my water params are fine and I keep the tank clean and interesting for them to explore with plenty of hiding spots. This is a forum for advice not to slate people down to the ground, there is far to much of it on this site to breed any kind of confidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Were not slating people into the grown were simply stating that you by no means should have any size Koran angel in a 68 gallon aquarium. This website is also family friendly so have fun getting a message about that. I've seen blue tangs over one foot and btw korans are a fatter and longer fish. Have fun killing fish! This is a perfect example of how age doesn't matter. At all about keeping a tank, because obviously you have no idea how to putting a Koran in a 68.

To the OP, Everyone is able to post their opinion. You dont have to accept his advice but he has the right to post it. Please move on.

Back
Top Bottom