Coral beauty + Koran Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oO BRIGHTY Oo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys/gals, been a long time! Quick question, we have a Koran Angel and wanted to know if I can add a coral beauty dwarf angel? The tank is 550 litres

You think so, it's just we are taking our sailfin tang back to our LFS due to rapid growth and aggression to our banner fish. So looking to get a replacement asap

We had an Emperor and a Flame together and they were fine. The Koran will get big though, so if the Sailfin outgrew your tank, I would expect the same result with the Koran.

Well the tank is plenty big enough it's 550 litres perhaps not to house 3 larger fish (banner Koran AND tang) hense returning the tang, the tank has at least 2 years before its not big enough for the Koran.

We just want something vibrant and suitable, we did consider the flame, would love one but £75 is a lot to pay for it to be rejected by the Koran or it pick on the Banner.

ccCapt knows his stuff. If he says it, it's spot on.

IMHO, I think if the Koran were a bit bigger than the Coral Beauty, there is an even better chance of success. Koran's are wonderful fish with a fantastic personality. Very smart and "go along to get along" kinda attitude. I had one in a 75 when I was young and very new to the hobby. He was such a sweet fish.....until I realized how big he would get, after having him for 2 years. I did the right thing and gave him to a friend with a 265. This is 14 years ago, and my friend still has him.

Thanks for your advice, when I traded the tang in they had already sold the coral beauty.....so I opted for a Rusty Angel instead as I wanted to get a new fish in on the same day so the Koran wouldn't have time to over boss the tank!

There is a major size difference between the two and are getting along fine and dandy after 3 days! The pic isn't great but shows the difference, decent pic of him when I can get one!!

image-1622297160.jpg

Very nice. I kinda figured you already got it by your avatar pic.

Nice size there. He will be king. I love the adult coloration too. It's a subdued attractive color pattern. Under the right lighting and fed well, the colors really pop.

Our Rusty Angel, but of a dim picture I can assure you he is very vibrant, just quite shy at the moment! Settling in well!

image-3042855258.jpg

oO BRIGHTY Oo said:
Our Rusty Angel, but of a dim picture I can assure you he is very vibrant, just quite shy at the moment! Settling in well!

Pretty. I like the rusty angels, don't see them very often, but I think they're pretty. Glad it's working out for you. :)

Back
Top Bottom