coral shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
just bought a coral shrimp and want to no the best way to aclimate it.also how much of my water in what period of time

I usually acclimate shrimp over at least 2 hours, when you fill up the bag or container you use just dump out some water and keep going. Shrimp are very sensitive to ph and salinity changes so go slow. :-D

i still have him i the bag i bought him in and i've been putting a teaspoon of tank water in every ten minutes,but how much water should i put in.the reason i'm worried i boght a cleaner shrimp weeks ago and he died quick.

Do you have a container you can put him and the water in? it'll make it easier...

I add shot glasses full of water every 5 minutes or so for abotu 2 hours. if you do this in the bag you'll fill the bag sooner and will have to dump some water out and continue filling the bag every few minutes.

Don't rush it with shrimp, time will fly by. :) Make sure the temperature of the water is similar as well. You don't wanna shock him with colder than bag water. And finally, don't add the lfs water into your tank, try to net him out gently...

Hope that helps. good luck, let us know how it goes and pictures when he's in the tank!!

Back
Top Bottom