Coraline algae supplement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My PWC`s with oceanic salt keep my calcium at 450 which is a vital part needed for corraline.

I've used purple up and unless you have existing coralline algae in your tank, it's ineffective.

I bought a piece of LR that was covered in coralline to seed my tank. I then began dosing with 2-part B-Ionic. Now, my rocks are covered and I have given up scraping the sides of my tank. The place is covered in purples and reds.

I bought a piece of LR that was covered in coralline to seed my tank. I then began dosing with 2-part B-Ionic. Now, my rocks are covered and I have given up scraping the sides of my tank. The place is covered in purples and reds.

How long did it take to get full coverage?

I think weekly 10% water changes are the best bet.

This may be a good idea but I was doing 12% PWC weekly or slightly more often with IO salt and my calcium was in the 200's. ??????????? It took a bit of C0-Balance to get it up to 400 and there is noting in my tank that is consuming calcium. I'm a believer in testing rather than assuming.

I am using purple up right now as well. Some of my LR turned white and now has green spots..that is coralline right? yippee!

But- my LR with existing purple and pink coralline is turning white..so it is getting reversed...

Is it ok to have too much calcium in your tank? (600)

Is purple up dangerous? I have only fish only and in the past I saw my fish acting strange after adding it.. I have a 40 gallon and barely added half a cap.. so I've been paranoid...

Do I need to monitor calcium with this stuff?

Can you get too much calcium in a tank? What if it is 600?
That seems high. I believe you want to be around 420 (correct me if I am wrong). Are you dosing with something?

Back
Top Bottom