Coralline algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnsclowntrig

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I have enjoyed this hobby for more than 25 years and have had Fish Only aquariums, but it seems that I have unknowingly added something to my tank, it looks like Coralline algae, what do you think? My tank, 48g, Fluval 306 cannister, Remora S skimmer, Fluval Aquasky LED.

Attachments

• DSC04887.JPG
    DSC04887.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 125
Some people would kill to have it in their tank. It makes your LR colorful and is a good sign except when it gets on your glass Then it`s hard to get off except for a scrapper. I loved it when I had some.

My tank was full of coraline , my urchin decided it had to go and eat every inch of it ,
I myself like the look of it , I did have a tank that had purple , red , orange , green and white , all that rock was put into my bigger tank and the urchin went to town , I like my urchins so I have to live without the extra color.

My 155 gallon fowlr tank is filled with it ! I really like it but it is taking over the glass even my snail shells have it on them !

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom