Coralline Algae = Good Brown Algae = BAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

americanbambam

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hoping for some pro tips on here.

I recently started using Purple Up because I introduced some coralline algea into my DT, which I love BTW, problem is I've been leaving my lights on longer to account for my good algae growth but the nasty brown algae is growing too.

questions - is it bad for my "good" algae and how can I stop the brown but keep my purple growing?

Regards
Bradley

I wouldn't use anything for the coraline,cut your lights back to where they were,water changes is all you need unless their is something in your tank using up some elements of the water.To help spread the coraline just scrap some off the rock so it will spread and attach elsewhere.

have i got this right.. the purple crust like stuff growning on my lr is coraline algea and is goor right. and if i scrape it off the rock it will grow back and spread.. please correct me if iam wrong iam a newbie

Also if you can turn off return pump and leave just power heads on so the coraline doesn't get filtered out. Do this for a couple hours. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom