corals for 5G nano?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CARM

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I want to set up a new 5G nano reef tank, but I have no experience with corals. Any suggestions of nice, small, hardy, easy-to-care-for corals?

Oh man I posted in the wrong place sorry guys... I don't think there's a delete button unfortunately. =\

zoas would be good for a 5, some slow growing mushrooms may work. perhaps some lps like candycanes, duncans, and/or acans all will be fine in a 5.

Ok thanks, do you know just how many corals would be good for such a small tank? I don't want everything to grow and form like a massive jungle lol

Doesn't matter how much you put in now.. eventually everything will grow out of that tank without fragging/pruning them back. Corals don't stop growing just because of tank size.. they don't know they're in a tank. If your lights are good and your water conditions are ideal, they will grow... for ever.

it's your garden. you grow it how you want. corals just keep growing. when they get too big we cut them back and sell the overgrowth to another reef keeper. buy a few little frags and see how they do. then go from there.

Back
Top Bottom