Could Use Some Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishAddict

Aquarium Advice Regular
i am a newcomer to AA and i would like some suggestions i want to convert my 55g into a sw/fowlr tank how much would this app. cost???(already have skimmer)

Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
How much...it really depends. I can not give you a number. I will offer that it is expensive and there tend to be some unaccounted for costs. That said, with careful planning you can do it without breaking the bank. Try starting with a mix of live and base rock. The live will seed the base rock and it will all become live over time. Start with a good quality aragonite based play sand for substrate instead of "live sand" from the LFS. It may take a bit longer to cycle using this method but you can use the time to save up for the extras like powerheads, test kits, etc... Remember that start up is the biggest expense of a tank so if you go slow it will not be as hard on the pocket book. Remember that nothing good happens fast in this hobby anyways.

Remember that start up is the biggest expense of a tank so if you go slow it will not be as hard on the pocket book. Remember that nothing good happens fast in this hobby anyways.

WELCOME TO AA!!!

I agree with Lando. After the initial cost of setting it up, the monthly cost, for me, is small. I buy everything in bulk, if I can, online.

Price is a difficult question. I can only give you advice on my biggest mistake. Its hard to do but Take your time.SLOW,SLOW,SLOW. This will save you LOTS of cash.

ok guys thanks for the advice i have almost everything but i think that i will just go fowlr tank then brackish/SW

Back
Top Bottom