Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-23-2012, 01:51 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

What would cause the oxygen issue in the first place? Lfs gonna order me new fish but don't want this to ever happen again

Old 06-23-2012, 01:57 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh24360
What would cause the oxygen issue in the first place? Lfs gonna order me new fish but don't want this to ever happen again
Well how much flow do you have? Surface agitation? Skimmer? Ph? Do you have a lid?

Old 06-23-2012, 02:03 AM   #23

Maxiflo 1400 I beleave the largest and yes it rolls top of water, can't remember oh 8.4 maybe? No skimmer fish only with live rock and no lid
Old 06-23-2012, 02:14 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Maxiflo 1400 I beleave the largest and yes it rolls top of water, can't remember oh 8.4 maybe? No skimmer fish only with live rock and no lid
What size tank? And thats not very specific information to say you have a problem. I think you need to test your water and check your equipment

Maybe, may be the problem here. Sound like your taking alot of your tanks parameters for granted.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:16 AM   #25

All levels were fine 2 days before and amonoa.was reading 0 that night... I don't test the water daily usually twiced a week... tank is 72 gallon bow front
Old 06-23-2012, 02:23 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
All levels were fine 2 days before and amonoa.was reading 0 that night... I don't test the water daily usually twiced a week... tank is 72 gallon bow front
Yes but levels can change daily. Especially after adding 3 fish. Ph also drop with lowered oxygen. Usually after or during a major problem testing is the first thing you do.

I still dont know what your full current test results are.

Temp
Salinity
Ph
Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate

Equipment
Old 06-23-2012, 02:27 AM   #27

I honestly didn't check we were in a panic getting put the survivors and into a bucket and cleaning the tank so they would have somewhere to go other than a bucket... in hindsight I shoulda tested but the shock of all the money and fish gone mind was blank. I guess ...
Old 06-23-2012, 02:29 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
I honestly didn't check we were in a panic getting put the survivors and into a bucket and cleaning the tank so they would have somewhere to go other than a bucket... in hindsight I shoulda tested but the shock of all the money and fish gone mind was blank. I guess ...
Well all is not lost, current test results could give some clues still.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:34 AM   #29

I will check in the am but I'm sure they won't reflect the issue since we did a 100% water change... but now I think of it the powerhead was off it had stirred sand up and it was off to settle
Old 06-23-2012, 02:37 AM   #30
AA Team Emeritus

I am assuming you have a proper filter for oxygenation purposes so that aside...No offense but if you have water parameters drastically change due to 3 fish additions such as the OP's, you shouldn't have a tank.Testing after a large death toll or event is pointless because all parameters will be out of whack as the bacteria blooms and corpses fester, of which the milky glaze is normal and often precedes eventual disintegration of the epidermal. Cowfish are known for their quick release of toxicity and I've seen tanks succumb in hours you can count on your hands. Sorry for the loss, but I think water parameter speculation might be stretching it here.

Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com