CPR Bak-Pak 2 or 2R

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bschnuck

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a 55 gallon FOWLR tank. I would like to purchase a Bak-Pak skimmer. Which one would be best for me to purchase in the long run? The 2 or the 2R with the biobales? Thanks.

Can I assume that these skimmers will be quiet?

Neither, they really aren't powerful enough for that tank size. I would suggest you look at the Aqua C Remora Pro w/MAG 350 pump. You'll get alot more bang for your buck and if you decide on a slightly larger tank down the road, you won't need to upgrade again.

Cheers
Steve

Bak Paks are rated for the 30 gal range... no bigger. I had one on my 29 and it worked great... it's still in perfect condition just sitting in the corner of my room... I should really put it up for sale. :D

Aqua C is one choice... I bought a Euro-Reef for my 60. Don't skimp on the skimmer... you'll thank yourself later. ;)

The Bak Pak would do OK on a FOWLR if you keep up on water changes. If you do than get the 2R since that bio bale stuff always clogs with detritus over time. An aquaC remora pro would be the best choice but a smaller skimmer will work good as well. Just keep up your maintenence habits!!

Back
Top Bottom