CPR Bak Pak II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luntiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Woops...I just completed my order for a CPR Bak Pak II when I noticed that there was a Bak Pak II-R!!!! Well anyways, should I try to cancel my order and pick up the Pak II-R?

I have currently have a FOWLR tank but will add corals when time permits. Tank has only been up for a month, heard that I should wait until at least 2-3 months before adding a coral.

I would go with the IIR as the bio bail in the standard Bak Pak gets really packed full of crud and can lead to higher nitrates.

I just bought a Bak Pak 2R myself (havent recieved it in the mail yet...I cant wait!), From what I have heard, that one will create less micro bubles,

I am also running a Bio Wheel on the return hose of my canaster filter so there is no need for the Bio-Bale the Bak Pak 2 uses.

RocketSeason said:
I just bought a Bak Pak 2R myself (havent recieved it in the mail yet...I cant wait!), From what I have heard, that one will create less micro bubles,

I am also running a Bio Wheel on the return hose of my canaster filter so there is no need for the Bio-Bale the Bak Pak 2 uses.

Why are you running the Bio nitrate wheel? :)
Will raise your trates just as much as the bio bale...

I have the CPR II-R, and I think it's doing well. My bio load is quite small at the moment, so it hasn't really been tested. It is the only noise-producing piece of equipment I have, but I'm getting used to it.

I actually have a few little bubbles returning to the tank. Not sure how to remedy that, though.

I own a 2r, and a dual 2. Its the same thing just the 2 has more room to add bio bale. Remove the bio-bale and you have a 2r with more water capacity.

XXFirefighter said:
Why are you running the Bio nitrate wheel? :)
Will raise your trates just as much as the bio bale...

From everything I have heard, the Bio-wheel is an exceptional piece of equipment. especially for those who do not have a wet/dry filter in a sump. (like me!)

course I could be wrong

Live rock, Live rock, Live rock..... Ditch the bio-wheel, also IMO wet/drys are just as bad. Plenty of LR is all you need.

Sumps are great. Wet/dry is not so great. Deffinalty agree with six-line. LIVEROCK is the best method of filtration. Ditch the bio wheel and get alot of live rock.

Back
Top Bottom