Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #21
AA Team Emeritus

I don't see fish as being problems except during breeding (some damsels will wreck house), moreso problem aqurists (you could view cichlids, tetras, wrasses, tangs, angelfish, etc. in the same light as they all tend to behave aggressively towards others). There is no such thing as peaceful aquariums, a misnomer, as everything is under a check & balance system and the smaller the tank the more likely incidents will occur. As with anything, most problems could be avoided if researched ahead of time

*try talbot damsels, they are lovely and rather passive for a damsel XD

Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator
I don't see fish as being problems except during breeding (some damsels will wreck house), moreso problem aqurists (you could view cichlids, tetras, wrasses, tangs, angelfish, etc. in the same light as they all tend to behave aggressively towards others. There is no such thing as peaceful aquariums, a misnomer, as everything is under a check & balance system and the smaller the tank the more likely incidents will occur. As with anything, most problems could be avoided if researched ahead of time

*try talbot damsels, they are lovely and rather passive for a damsel XD
Ohhhh...sounds interesting!!! I will certainly do that, that is, once I figure out what to do with the electric blue damsel and the blue yellow-tailed damsel(who I guess will stay all alone in the quarantine tank :-(( At least he seems "happier" now. Guess I need to try and find a place for a much bigger tank!!! Thanks!!! )

Old 05-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #23
AA Team Emeritus

Electric blue's are moderately aggressive, moreso than yellowtail's which I find adorable. Domino, Velvet, b/w striped, and humbug damsels seem to be the worst along with Sergeant Majors (still my fave).
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator
Electric blue's are moderately aggressive, moreso than yellowtail's which I find adorable. Domino, Velvet, b/w striped, and humbug damsels seem to be the worst along with Sergeant Majors (still my fave).
You really know your damsels!!! That's awesome!!! Maybe someday I'll be able to remember all this stuff. Right now, I'm glad I've got people like you to help me along this journey...cuz lemme tellya, it's been one for me so far!!! )

Tags
damsel

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com