Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 08-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #91
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Riley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 290
Im going through a ich phase myself.. My dt has been empty for almost 4 weeks.. :/ only shrimp n crabs good thing the shrimps are goofs or id go crazy!!!!
__________________

__________________
Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:39 PM   #92
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Crazycajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley
Im going through a ich phase myself.. My dt has been empty for almost 4 weeks.. :/ only shrimp n crabs good thing the shrimps are goofs or id go crazy!!!!
I am starting to wonder if it is ich. I mean I had freshwater systems before so I know what it looks like but I am puzzled now. I only see three now one on each side fin and one almost on top fin. So am starting to wonder if he just damaged him self. He does dominate the tank and makes the flame angel move out of his area. The flame is smaller so he can go through the smaller rock formations. He has already injured himself by chasing the flame and hit a rock but it is almost completely healed. I guess I will just feed them with the garlic xtream for a while to boost their immune system to be safe.
__________________

__________________
Crazycajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:01 PM   #93
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
Are your flame and coral beauty angel getting along well? Thanks!
__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:26 AM   #94
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Crazycajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea
Are your flame and coral beauty angel getting along well? Thanks!
Yes. Just the coal beauty is bigger and shows his rule. He sometimes chases the flame out of his area but other than that they are fine. I added them to the tank at the same time.
__________________
Crazycajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #95
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
Thanks! That is good to know!
__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:13 AM   #96
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycajun View Post
I am starting to wonder if it is ich. I mean I had freshwater systems before so I know what it looks like but I am puzzled now. I only see three now one on each side fin and one almost on top fin. So am starting to wonder if he just damaged him self. He does dominate the tank and makes the flame angel move out of his area. The flame is smaller so he can go through the smaller rock formations. He has already injured himself by chasing the flame and hit a rock but it is almost completely healed. I guess I will just feed them with the garlic xtream for a while to boost their immune system to be safe.
if there any sign from the fish like scratching their body to the rock..??
if there is, then it might be ich..this is what happened to my BT n YT....even my algae goby....i just treat them with product called herbtana and fed them food that soaked with garlic....i manage to keep them all healthy in my tank till now....
__________________
abdhalim2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:49 AM   #97
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 1,102
I had sign of ich much like you saying on my tang only a spot or two.. I took him put him in a 10 gallon for copper treatments did for about a month then put him back in I havnt had an issue yet cross fingers.
__________________
jsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:41 PM   #98
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Crazycajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith
I had sign of ich much like you saying on my tang only a spot or two.. I took him put him in a 10 gallon for copper treatments did for about a month then put him back in I havnt had an issue yet cross fingers.
I am starting to wonder if it was just sand stuck on him because it was gone I'n two days. My sand is so small that they kick it up all the time. Well feeding them garlic xtream and will see what happens. He is not showing like he is scratching and he is eating like a pig.
__________________
Crazycajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #99
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Riley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 290
Could be the stages of the ich though.. 1 day its visible the next you wonder what you saw was real.. Might have moved internally..
__________________
Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:44 PM   #100
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Crazycajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley
Could be the stages of the ich though.. 1 day its visible the next you wonder what you saw was real.. Might have moved internally..
Very true. That is why I will continue to monitor. I have just never known ick to be gone In two days with no treatment. Normally it's a 5-7 day cycle. Time will tell. There is no reason for him to have it. Parameters are great. He's eating great. He is the ruler. Transfer was smooth.
__________________

__________________
Crazycajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
75 gallon planted build thread fishfanatic Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks 230 10-04-2011 01:05 AM
36 Gallon Bow-front build! Matthewscott Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 16 08-07-2011 06:26 PM
Heavy duty tank cabinet build. zparticle DIY Projects 101 07-12-2011 09:03 PM
Tom toms 120g build thread Tom-tom Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR 4 06-29-2011 07:54 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.