Critters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silam1984

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all new too saltwater aquiriums am currently cycling my tank and I'm starting to get critters coming out of my lr I have a cool little white hairy crab running round, are they a problem or are they ok to be left in would appreciate any feedback

It depends on the specific crab, but most hairy crabs are not reef compatible. If you cannot find a definite ID, I would remove it. There are far more incompatible crabs than crabs that are truly considered reef safe.

Unless this is just going to be a FOWLR tank, in which case it is probably fine.

It is only a fowlr tank so hopefully they should be ok was kind of hoping they wud be ok uz they are quit cool to look at thanks for da feed back many thanks so they'll be ok with snails as im getting some 2moro and would rather not wake up to see they've been eating by the crabs and as 4 da picture tried to get 1 but he was a little too quick 4 me ha

Oh, we'll I only asked so we could identify it. Without a picture, it makes it ten times more difficult.

I will try an get a pic up because I would like to know more just to be on the safe side as i will be starting to stick my tank over the nxt two months

Back
Top Bottom