Crossing my Fingers!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@TheTodd

No, you read correctly. I was going to upgrade to a 75 gallon tank to get my fish into something bigger. I figured if I couldn't provide length for my Tang I could provide turning space.

BUT, this tank kind of landed in my lab (so to speak). I am really praying that it's not sold before I can pick it up at the end of this month I can put a non refundable deposit on it and pick it up the end of October. I want to lock in the tank so I have it.

This option is better than the 75 gallon NEW tank I was going to buy, being this will give my guy more length and turning space. It's also cheaper than a brand new 75 gallon, PLUS it will have the Sump tank I always wanted!

Bigger is better. You would have upgraded the 75g eventually, so you are just skipping a step. :)

I just sold my 75g...My 240g just kinda came up too. I was not planning to upgrade until early next year, but a 240 with high quality stand/hood, with 275lbs live rock, sand, sump, skimmer, lights, RO unit and a couple of fish (and maybe a 1/4 HP chiller) for $800 was a deal I could not pass on. The rock alone is almost that much.

Id ditch the 3rd tang, and prob wouldnt attempt the 2 dwarf angels. Sure if you buy them at the same time, introduce them at the same time MAYBE they will coexist, but i woulnt want to be paranoid for the following week (wondering every time i look at the tank if they both are alive) as for the tangs, yes you could technically fit any of those 3 in this 120 tank, however all 3 in the same tank isnt such a great idea. Just as a point of reference, i have a yellow tang and a lieutenant tang in my 72" 125 (6ft) and they cover every last inch of my tank... And they arent but 4-5" if that.

One of these days im going to shoot a time lapse of my tank so that way others can understand the space these active buggers cover

Thanks Huma-Huma

I am always open to changing my fish stock. I just can't change what I already have. I am trying to be responsible and get my guy into a bigger tank I can afford. I know they like to Swim a lot. My guy is always out and about, but hides when I come up to the tank. I hope the bigger tank can help that. He loves to come and eat SeaWeed when I clip it to the clown fish clip. He is an active swimer but loves to hid in his little rock cave first thing in the morning.

For reference this is my set up now.

Attachments

• IMG_1230.jpg
    IMG_1230.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5598.jpg
    IMG_5598.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4406.jpg
    IMG_4406.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 56
I got the tank!

I just bought a tank off of Mat Latos (Cincinnati Reds Pitcher):cool:. Technically it's on layaway. The guy who owns the shop and selling the tanks for him is letting me make payments. So I will have it by the end of this month. I just wanted to make sure the tank was not going to be sold!

I only got two pictures of the tank. There is stuff around it and on it so I couldn't get really good pictures of it.

I guess the fish tank was set up as a reef tank. Latos had two 5 foot tanks (He is also selling a 150 gallon tank there), and he wanted to upgrade to two six foot tanks.

The tank needs to be cleaned up and the black paint needs to be scraped off the sides. I like the paint on the back so that is not going to be an issue. Any idea's on how to get that stuff off? It chipped off easily when I ran my finger nail on it. So I know a razor will make it easy, but any sprays that could help?

I am excited for sure! It's a 120 gallon LONG tank! So it's 5 foot long and 18in wide, 24in deep.

The lighting system it has allows for corals, but to me it looks crappy and he is throwing in a new LED double Bright light in so I am going to replace it with that. It really looks crappy, it was a DYI set up. I might fix it up for a different tank when I do corals. I just don't want to do corals yet.
The tank does come with a Sump and I am going to replace the Bio-Balls.
It's a wet-dry filter sump set up, that is used, but I am getting a new HOB overflow. I am getting a good return pump (Used). It's the sump that he had with the tank.

The Only issue I am going to have is I will need a new Skimmer. My Hang on the Back is only good for 75 gallons (Rated for 100). I don't have the money for that and I am going to have to use what I have, and than upgrade it down the road.

Do you think there is anyway I can put my HOB skimmer in the wet-dry sump? The water line does not go that high up, could I use a longer PVP piping or would that not work?

I am also thinking of running the filters I have. My HOB C4 and my Fluval 206. Just because I have them and it does keep my water clear. I clean them out once a week and never had nitrate problems.

So yeah, I am excited for sure! I will be upgrading in about a month now! I will have the tank by the middle of October! I am grateful the store owner is allowing me to make payments! Otherwise this tank might have gotten away from me!:popcorn:

The tank was $500, but he is knocking the price down because I am buying the light and the sump with it. So all together it's $650.

Attachments

• IMG_7554.jpg
    IMG_7554.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6897.jpg
    IMG_6897.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 53
Back
Top Bottom