Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-16-2005, 05:52 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

crown conch's

I have 2 crown conch's and well they seem to be very busy laying eggs, like all over the place. Has anyone else had them mate??? don't know what I should do, the first batch should be ready to hatch anyday now.

--Liz

Old 03-25-2005, 02:27 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cool. Watch and see what happens. If anything, it may be free food for some...lol. Never know. Some may also grow up.

The oceans surely would swallow us before a rock comes down to smite the planet of it's life.
Nov/2004
TCTFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 08:38 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Well been watching them, and they hatched....i thought that the lil buggers would go down in the sand and some may of. Alot went up on the glass of the aquarium and are noshing the algea on the glass. They are really tiny right now. hoping a few survive cause it would be kewl to watch'em grow. Conchs are still laying eggs too, noticed too, that when they hatch my one emerald green crabs goes over and eats the egg pod when it is empty. All i have in the tank right now are turbo snails, blue legged hermits, a lawnmower blenny and a bicolor psuedochromis, so i don't know if they lil conch's will be food for them or not.

--Liz
Old 03-25-2005, 08:40 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Reef tanks are great!! Have fun.

The oceans surely would swallow us before a rock comes down to smite the planet of it's life.
Nov/2004
TCTFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conch, crown

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com