crown conch's related to rabbits???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dizzyliz

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, my 55 gal tank got though it's intitial cycle and a decided to get started on a cleanning crew, a peppermint shrimp, some turbo snails and a couple crown conch's. well, I guess the crown conch's are real happy in their new home, because they well, it appears, they mated....last Weds we noticed about 20 pods filled with eggs under a rock ledge, and we thought wow, that's kinda wild...well they did it again....tonite we noticed another clutch of egg pods on the other side of the tank. and the conch is still laying eggs. Soon these things are gonna hatch and don't quite know what to do or not do. They really won't have any preditors unless ther shrimp likes them. Seems like I could be over run with them and crash the tank.

--Liz

So whats the latest with your conchs? Any babies yet?
I have one fighting conch. He's so cool... travels all over the place.

update....i have about 20 lil tiny conchs, which just appeared the past couple days. I guess they have gotten out of there larval stage and are coming out to feed on algae. I don't know much about them but they are very cute but fear I will be overrun with them. My orginal conchs laid two batches of eggs a couple months apart. So there may be even more. Anyone know how fast they grow, how big they should be to move them, etc??

--Liz

I'll try to get some pics soon, the problem with my camera is it focuses on the glass and the lil critters look fuzzy.

Back
Top Bottom