Crystallized Salt on upper rim inside tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdjxt39

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys, there is this crystalized stuff that has formed around the top rim of my tank, I think it is salt. Any special way to tackle clearing that up or can I just wipe it off with a paper towel?

Just wiping it willbe fine. You could also just tip it back into the tank. I generally wipe my salt creep off with a damp washcloth but some that it close to the water surface I just scrape back into the water.

They make solutions to spray on surfaces that exhibit salt creep. These solutions prevent, allegedly, the salt to crust on the areas sprayed. I have picked up the bottle once and the directions were in bold and capitol to not ever spray on or near surfaces with tank water so I promptly put it back on the shelf.

Welcome to the world of the Saltwater aquarium. Salt on your rim is nothing compared what may lie ahead. Routine water changes and scheduled maintence will keep your aquarium in good shape and remember to read the forums because when real problems arise, the veterans are here to lend a hand.

Just enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom