CUC advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaleHauze

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 110g tank with 9 small fish. I just started to use LRS Herbivore frenzy and was wanting to know what type of scavenger i should look into. Hermit crab, emerald crab. Not sure. Any thoughts

If you don't have algae growing you don't need a CUC. Even if you did you still don't need a CUC.
CUC just recycles problem nutrients but doesn't remove it from the tank. They eat algae and then poop which becomes food for algae again.

Just keep nutrients in check with filtration and water changes and you won't have any issues.

+1 if you don't over feed don't need cuc so if you want inverts just go with what you like

if you want inverts just go with what you like
...and what you have food to sustain. Crabs and snails need algae and meaty foods. If there isn't visible algae and visible food on the sand bed, then they will starve.
If you have visible algae and visible food on the sand bed, you should re-evaluate your tank husbandry, or down the road you are going to have a problem.

Back
Top Bottom