Cuc for puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondatek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is there such a thing as a clean up crew for a porcupine puffer. Im thinking no because he will eat shrimp and snails but I'm not sure.

CUC are fairly cheap, you could just consider them special treats for him to keep his teeth worn down and just replace them as he chomps them down.

Ok sounds good. But if I do go with ghost shrimp whats going to keep him from overeating?

Basically, you will just be putting puffer food into the tank. However, if you have the tank space, you might be able to put in large snails that would be too large for the puffer to eat.

You're going to need to keep the puffer's teeth ground down anyway, and usually thats done by feeding snails or hermits. You could just buy snails in bulk, and consider them to be puffer food that helps tidy up while waiting their turn at the table.

Ok I have 2 big ones in there that are to big to eat and I have been getting him hermit crabs and snails for his beak. I was just curious if there was something he won't eat that would clean up.

Back
Top Bottom