Cuc problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4127john

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a cuc but it has a big problem. My hermit crabs are starting to become aggressive. I need to replace it with something that will eat a lot of leftover food. My shrimp won't eat any pellets that drop. Is there any

Hermits always end up getting aggressive towards each other. Just load up on snails and hermits and it'll be fine. Though, if you have alot of leftover food, I would feed less. I only feed my tank twice a week.

Some snails could get killed, but it's just how nature works. Everything isn't always going to coexist. Provide larger shells (not too large) for the hermits when they outgrow their shell. Even then they might decide to kill a snail over getting an empty one. Nassarius snails have always eaten any food that I've put in, so def. recommend those.

4127john said:
So I have a cuc but it has a big problem. My hermit crabs are starting to become aggressive. I need to replace it with something that will eat a lot of leftover food. My shrimp won't eat any pellets that drop. Is there any

Stop feeding pellets. Overfeeding your tank is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. You should not have much if any uneaten food after 2-5 mins. Hermits do not need fed, and neither does the shrimp, they will scavenge scraps that the fish leave behind, its what they do, scavengers.

4127john said:
Thing is that only two pellets hit the sand bed. I only feed pellets

Ah well you said you needed something to eats lots of left over food so i assumed you had a lot of left over food lol. But your probably better off switching to frozen foods anyways. Most inverts and fish have no problem accepting frozen foods. Mysis or brine is a good choice, but switching up foods often is your best bet to make Sure they are getting all the nutrients they need.

Any overfeeding is messy. A little frozen food is great for nearly all fish. I recommend mysid shrimp.

I defrost the cube, rinse with ro water, and then put small amounts in. I have a 4" trigger, 6"koran angel, 3"foxface and 4 damsels. I can use a cube of food for 3 days. I feed everyday but small amounts. I also give them a small sheet of seaweed on a clip every day. Seems to work out.

i have 3 peppermint shrimp and 1 cleaner shrimp, plus like 4 red legged hermits and 2 blue legged hermits, and they clean up the sand bed pretty well if i feed to many pellets, yeah they fight but usually they just get over it and everything is OK.

Back
Top Bottom