Culligans Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KSum89

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tap water is causing hair algae to spread, so I stopped by a culligans machine at walmart today and i saw that it goes through the full cyc of Di and Reverse osmosis. So there goes the RO-DI process im guessing, can i use this water at 37 cent per gallon on my water changes until i get the ro di unit myself? And does anyone use the water in there aquariums?

the jugs are expensive: the 1 gal is 2 dollars and the next size up which is a 2 gal is 9 dollars.. i asked about that she said she didnt know why the 2 gal is so much more because walmart doesnt control the pricing. the price quadrupled..

Walmarts in the boro have those 5 gallon jugs for $11 at the front of the store. That what you talking about? I've been looking for a place to get water.

cls8s said:
Walmarts in the boro have those 5 gallon jugs for $11 at the front of the store. That what you talking about? I've been looking for a place to get water.

Yeah thats it but its the walmart in nashville on nolensville. They have the culligans water dispenser right beside the jugs. I emailed the guy in nashville that i pulled up on the culligans site and he said its saltwater, reef safe. He says it fully RO Processed.

Not sure about the boro but if they have the dispenser by the jugs then yeah its good

Heres what he said: The water from the wal mart is reverse osmosis, and should provide a high quality, stable source of water for your salt water aquarium. Keep in mind that there is no sodium in the ro water. Ask your fish expert as to how to resolve algae issue.

Thanks,

Kent S.
Culligan of Nashville

I use it in all my tanks buy the 5g jugs $12 with 1st fill $ 1.84 after that I still test before use
Trust no one 'Fox Moulder'

Back
Top Bottom