curing live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

egon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i plan on purchasing some live rock and live sand from liverocks.com soon as i have read nothing but good things about them. i was wondering though, those who have bought from them how long did your curing process take??

Hello, Many people do not cure the rock because we ship overnight. There will be some die off but in 99.9% of the shipments the rock has very little die off and people can add right to an established tank.

There will be some die off but in 99.9% of the shipments the rock has very little die off and people can add right to an established tank.

Even though this may be the case, I think it is only prudent that you cure your LR outside of an established tank, you never know what your shipment has gone through after it leaves the hands of the LR.com people. I'd hate to be on of the .01% that experiences alot of die off and then plenty of casualties because I put the rock in my established tank.

I agree w/reefrunner. I love the rock form liverocks and my last shipment I thought would be okay to add roughly 25 lbs to my already 150lbs in my tank however the amonia shot up a little higher than I like and made me very nervous so I removed the rock to a seperate curing bin for a couple days. Better safe than sorry IMO :D

humm...liverocks.com....what a great site....I'm going to have to pick up some live rock!

I just started a 75gal tank yesterday.....I want live rock but no corals yet...I'm buying a house within a couple of years and I had so much troble moving just my 29 gal reef when I switched apartments that I couldn't imagine doing it with a 75 gal..

Back
Top Bottom