Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-29-2011, 02:41 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksreef View Post
My gosh,forget about the money.I would build sea world in my backyard if I could afford it,and Lots of you probably would to.
Just look forward to hopefully seeing pictures and giving good advice if he asks for it.
Not one person has said he was spending too much on AN aquarium. I reference my second to last post here.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:44 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundar

Not one person has said he was spending too much on AN aquarium. I reference my second to last post here.
Please read the posts from the start.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:02 PM   #53
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksreef View Post
Please read the posts from the start.
Reread the part I put in bold please.

I'm not going to argue like that in this guys thread though. My position is clear, no one cares how much someone spends. They would make the same comments if someone was going to pay $2500 on a 10g tank. People shouldn't be discouraged from voicing their opinions about facts that the OP volunteered.

OP, I'm still excited to see pictures and will keep following.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice Activist

Why else would we be commenting on how much he was spending unless it was pointed at him spending too much on his aquarium. Read my previous post, I said he was burning money by spending that much on fake coral and rock. I could care less if he spent 12k on a 5 gallon goldfish bowl as long as it's made of solid platinum and the goldfish is solid gold.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Regular

Well congrats and hope u enjoy, like to see more pic's, look great but always u will hace people argue all, at the end....

Is ur house
Ur money
Ur wishes
So keep updating
Old 06-29-2011, 07:49 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Congrats on earning enough capital to do what YOU wanna do,...I'm jealous of course, and maybe I would do the build differently from you BUT it's your build,...congrats on your project,... Please post pictures when available,....Dary
Old 06-29-2011, 08:24 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice Activist

Man 300g that's supper sweet, I've seen some of the fake corral first hand by them and well.... It's great, really realistic all the colours and half the hassle, well done for taking the plunge, in relation to money I would spend 100's of thousands on a tank if I had the capital and the room, I mean when I first started my 65g I spent what I could afford, and I spent £2000 on a 65g because I could afford it, he has only spent what he can afford and that's what we all do on here.

Well done mate and all the best on your tank and hopefully I'll have a 150g in my next house
Old 06-29-2011, 10:20 PM   #58
Aquarium Advice Regular

Today I got the filter. It's huge. The box itself is big. The filter will be installed in the side yard. It also has a built in heater, so basically all I have in the tank is the fake coral, sand, and fish. It's gonna look good in the end. Our wall that separates the living room from the kitchen is being torn down Tom.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:25 PM   #59
Aquarium Advice Regular

BTW, sorry I didn't mention that it's actually 320 gallons. I just rounded down to 300. Sorry I didn't tell you guys before!!
-Garrett
Old 06-29-2011, 11:53 PM   #60
Aquarium Advice Freak

I think it's cool and can't wait to follow this build. Heck, relative to my salary as a math teacher, I spend too much on my 75 gallon!

Tags
300 gallon, custom

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com