Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-30-2011, 12:34 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls8s
Why else would we be commenting on how much he was spending unless it was pointed at him spending too much on his aquarium. Read my previous post, I said he was burning money by spending that much on fake coral and rock. I could care less if he spent 12k on a 5 gallon goldfish bowl as long as it's made of solid platinum and the goldfish is solid gold.
Well obviously he already made the deal, so bashing him on "how he is spending too much money" is a pointless and poor argument.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:01 AM   #62
Aquarium Advice Addict

Calm down here folks.

Like someone's post? Show some appreciation with the reputation button!
thominil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:27 AM   #63
Aquarium Advice Regular

Hello everyone!
I have a good question. The question is: Can I keep a Moorish Idol in a 320 Gallon aquarium?? I know they're a lot of work to keep, I'm having someone cone in and service it every Sunday, and I think that Moorish Idols are some of the most beautiful fish. I first saw them when I was diving in the waters of Hawaii. I know that there's this one Butterflyfish that looks almost the same, but it doesn't compare to the beauty of the Moorish Idol.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:31 AM   #64
Aquarium Advice Addict

I am suffering from a severe case of tank envy.
I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done.
If I had that kind of money I wouldn't let anyone tell me how to spend it. It's yours, you earned it and your buying what you want for your home.

People thought I was nuts when I paid extra for deep purple velvet custom recliners and a 7' couch, but purple is what I wanted.
I finally got to decorate my home the way I wanted.
Now when people see it for the first time they all think it's gorgeous.
And the most important part is that I'm very happy with what I got .
The couch is 7' long because my daughter is 6'1" and my 10 year old grandson is already 5'1". So I need a couch they can lay down on.

As long as your happy with the end result, that's all that matters.
Everyone is just freaked out about money these days, with the economy being so bad.

Even though I don't have the money, I still spend all that I can, first on my grandson and then on our fish. I'd be giddy with joy if I had $65,000.00 to spend on an Aquarium and so would my grandson.

If you can, post a few tank build videos . A tank like that deserves more than a few photos.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:59 AM   #65
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'd avoid a moorish idol honestly. Beautiful fish but it is a harder one to keep. Check out a longfin bannerfish instead. Much hardier and looks quite similar. The thing is even under expert care they don't always survive. It's much more fun to have a tank that doesn't leave you wondering whether or not the fish are going to be alive in the morning.

Check out these. In my opinion some are just as beautiful as the idols: http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden...t=1&page_num=1

Pictures once you get everything going please Oh, check out the emperor angelfish too.

I run electrical appliances underwater and enjoy injecting things with Kalk filled syringes.
Sarcothelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:32 AM   #66
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcothelia
I'd avoid a moorish idol honestly. Beautiful fish but it is a harder one to keep. Check out a longfin bannerfish instead. Much hardier and looks quite similar. The thing is even under expert care they don't always survive. It's much more fun to have a tank that doesn't leave you wondering whether or not the fish are going to be alive in the morning.

Check out these. In my opinion some are just as beautiful as the idols: http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden...t=1&page_num=1

Pictures once you get everything going please Oh, check out the emperor angelfish too.
If I'm going to pay nearly $250 every week, it will be in expert care. I may even have a person come everyday if I have to. Yes, care and everything will be taken care of. My question is, What fish is compatible withe the Moorish Idol?? Are they aggressive??
Thanks,
Garrett
Old 06-30-2011, 04:33 AM   #67
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcothelia

And thank you for the links!!
They were a big help and much appreciated!!!
-Garrett
Old 07-06-2011, 03:36 AM   #68
Aquarium Advice Regular

Hello all,
This is just an update. Don't worry pictures will be up soon, for some reason my iPhone won't let me upload the picture(
BAD NEWS:
It is going to cost me another $6,000 just to tear the wall out. My wall violates the included standard wall-tearing service provided by Living Color. So, no kitchen aquarium.
GOOD NEWS:
The estimated completion time has been shortened, I am only weeks away from a beautiful saltwater aquarium.
WHAT I NEED FROM YOU:
I need advice on what types of fish I should get. I am already getting a Moorish Idol, so I need to know what fish is compatible with a Moorish Idol.
Thanks,
Garrett
Old 07-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #69
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hackteck
with that size tank you can get pretty much anything honestly its all about what you want i think a school of tangs or anthias would be cool
Old 07-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #70
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwolfe
Hello all,
This is just an update. Don't worry pictures will be up soon, for some reason my iPhone won't let me upload the picture(
BAD NEWS:
It is going to cost me another $6,000 just to tear the wall out. My wall violates the included standard wall-tearing service provided by Living Color. So, no kitchen aquarium.
GOOD NEWS:
The estimated completion time has been shortened, I am only weeks away from a beautiful saltwater aquarium.
WHAT I NEED FROM YOU:
I need advice on what types of fish I should get. I am already getting a Moorish Idol, so I need to know what fish is compatible with a Moorish Idol.
Thanks,
Garrett
I've seen great established tanks that can't seem to keep an idol longer then a year good luck hopefully with your setup the limit is the sky.

Tags
300 gallon, custom

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com