Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyma10
Can use chemi pure in a hob filter and if I can do I have to remove cartridges or do I just add it in there wih it
You can use it in a hob. Take out the carbon and Just put it where the carbon goes. It comes in its own little bag.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have 2 55/75 aqueon filter running on my 55 so they have 2 cartridges each so I would have to buy 4 packs of chemi pure or can I split one bag for each filter

Old 11-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyma10
I have 2 55/75 aqueon filter running on my 55 so they have 2 cartridges each so I would have to buy 4 packs of chemi pure or can I split one bag for each filter
On the container of chemipure, it tells you what size to get for each size tank. There's really no way to spilt a chemipure unless you buy another bag to put it in. They come in half and whole units. You could do 2 whole units I think for a 55, I would put 1 unit into each. Chemipure lasts about 3 months, unlike carbon which needs to be changed every month.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by heythereyou94 View Post
The idea that all new tanks go through it makes sense because its only been setup for about 6-8 months, also to either of you, do you think a t5 234 watt light would keep coral in a 65?
this is simply not true, cyno doesnt not show up in all tanks. I got it in my first tank a 25g Reef but after that I have set up a 75g Reef, 40g FOWLR, 3x 20g Fowlr and not one of them has had cyno because I learned how to control it the first time around. First of all old lights do have somewhat to do with it, if you are using t8s just go buy some new bulbs they are dirt cheap so no use in not doing that. Also what type of food are you using? I am not pointing at over feeding because I feed the hell out of my tanks but I have found some foods even in small amounts feed cyno.

Also a note on your Lighting yes it will do but go LED dont bother with anything other then LED its pricy for good stuff and not so bad for decent fixtures. Dont get like a marine land get a true reef LED. they will save you tons of money in the long run. I built 2 pendents that have 25leds on each of them all 3w on dimmers and it cost me 500$ to make thats the same as a decent t5ho fixture and I dont have to spend 120$ on bulbs ever 7 months. Also LED has much better water penetration so you will be able to have corals on the bottom of your tank.

CleverBs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bacteria, cyano

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com