cyanobacteria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mzharvey2007

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Is it normal for my ammonia level to increase when battling cyanobateria. I know I should do a wc but am treating the tank and will have to do wc tomorrrow. I have a 75 gal tank, 2 clowns 4 damsels 2 snails 5 hermit crabsand 1 cleaner shrimp. Using canister filter.

The only reason I can think of is that's it's releasing it's crap.... BUT you ammonia shouldn't go up, your nitrates should. What do you mean you can't do a wc? You need to! If the cyano killer stuff says not to, still do it. What's more important, repeating the dose in a little bit and having your fish live or have them die in ammonia an have a cyano free tank? Any ammonia or nitrite is deadly.

I didn't mean that I cant do a water change, I have never dealt with this before and was really wanting advice. Ammonia is reading at. 25 and I didn't know if that was normal when you had this bacteria or not.

No it's not. If the tank was cycled it should be at 0. Do a change. Have you made any changes lately??

I am changing water now, do u know of a good way to remove as much of the gunk as I can? My gravel vac isn't really working to well.

If you have a siphon, just siphon the sand and then when it's going thought the tube, pinch it do it will fall back down, then start again.

Back
Top Bottom