Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No I have base rock and 1lbs of lr to seed it

Oh I didn't know that. Just keep the shrimp in there till it's gone, unless it's a jumbo shrimp, you'll be waiting forever. Just got to wait it out until ammonia and nitrites are 0, test for nitrate, then do water change(s) to get the nitrate down below 20 ppm for fish only. Good luck!

Thanks haha I switched my shrimp out in the early stage and just dosed pure ammonia

I'm sure it'll be fine. I know it's hard to wait, I have absolutely no patience! I put my first coral in this week, it's only been set up a month.

So no more dosing? Or continue 1-2 ppm every other day

I don't know that much about ammonia dosing. If I were you, I'd stop dosing and watch the levels drop on their own. Bacteria builds up quickly, I'm sure by now you have enough beneficial bacteria to support a small, hardy fish once your ammonia and nitrite levels drop to 0 and you do your first partial. My neighbor who helped me with my tank told me, after watching me mess with it incessantly, that I needed to step away and leave it alone. I'm a little OCD!

I guess I'll leave it alone unless someone chimes in

Make sure the rock is fully cured first. If it isn't it could take up to a month to cure in your tank or you could use a 5 gallon bucket with a heater and power head to cure the rock before adding to your tank. If you go the bucket route just change a gallon of the water every few days.

The only thing that happens fast in this hobby is disasters. Trust me...I know.

Back
Top Bottom