Damsel behavior...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin0329

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a single blue damsel in my predator/aggressive tank. Yesterday I introduce a young snowflake moray. Its about 6-8 inches long. I also have in the tank a niger triter, a lunar wrasse and a one spot fox face. Anywho, the damsel is acting weird towards the eel. It is the only one in the tank that acts like it cares about its presence. Its not being aggressive towards it but simply dusting it with its tail. Like clowns do when mating or cleaning a spot to lay eggs. I'm not at all concerned but was just curious. Is my damsel trying to say its boss or trying to claim that spot in the tank? Its not nipping at the eel, in fact, the eel bit the damsel (witch doesn't bother me at all) but didn't harm him (darn... lol,jk). Any thoughts would be cool. Thanks in advance!
Justin

Haha, he's just letting the eel know who's boss. Damsels are the ballsiest little fish, they would probably do that to anything you introduced. He better be careful, he could soon be lunch!

Exactly my point. And honestly I wouldn't mind him being lunch. I have tried to catch that little bastard to rehome him and no such luck. Oh well at least I know my eel will be eating well. Lol

Lol... I agree, I had a couple Sergeant Majors in the beginning, they got to be about 3 1-2" and we're absolutely horrible. 3 hours in a 135 tall to catch them.....never again!

Yeah, I have the same situation.... somewhat. I've got him (2.5") in my 150 and can not get rid of him. He was only a $3 fish that looked cool in the beginning, and now he is a little punk that thinks he owns the tank. I'm just waiting for the day that one of my larger, meaner fish decide they are hungry. I can't catch him so therefore he will stay til someone decides otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom