Damsel stressing my triggers ans tusk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T.J.

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a Large four stripe damsel. It is chasing and stressing my Picasso and Niger triggerfish, harlequin tuskfish and my chainlink morey eel. I have done all the " basic methods to curb aggression. " any ideas.

Have u tried taking the damsel out moving some rocks around then putting it back?

Yes I have tried that as well. I do not know if he needs more time to get used to them. But my Niger has actually tried to attack it several times.

a trigger fish will eat anything that can fit in its mouth it might be trying to eat the damsel

24 hours. The others have been in the tank for 2 months. It is fully cycled. Has been running for 6 months. I just dequarantined the damsel. 3 week quarantine and added. So maybe that's the problem time to get used to the new fish?

Yea I would turn my lights off and let them hide for abit but keep a eye on them How bigs your tank just out of interest?

150 FOWLR 55 gallon reef and 29 gallon quarantine/holding tank.

They got plenty of room to stay away from each over then. Once they've worked out who's boss hopefully it will be fine. I've got a tigger and 4 damsels n they get on fine

We will see. I will keep you guys posted. Thank you.

damsels are mean fish.i had a yellow tail and he stresed(killed)out four royal gramas,two pajama cardinals.this killer was only a inch and ahalf long.i have a blue damsel now and he goes after my purple fire fish.when this one dies i will not be buying damsels again.i still don't no why the lps says these are good beginer fish.until you go to add more fish they scare the life right out of them

My damsel is not the one leaving everyone alone. Your fish are peaceful. Mine are aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom