Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

OK so a quick backround I've had this Talbot damsel since I've gotten this hobby. Now he was in my very first tank. When I decided to build a reef tank with a different tank I decided to set up the old tank in my other room for him and another damsel to go in. Since then I've added a maroon clown, a puffer( witch he harrased to death), a flame angel ( witch also didn't make it in the tsnk with this mean fish) and lion fish who is doing fine everybody just lets him do his thing.

About 1 1/2 weeks ago I bought a yellow stripe maroon to try and pair with my other maroon clownfish. Since putting him in the tank he have been getting beat up buy this damsel and since the two clowns started hanging out hes beef fighting with them both.

Now i have nowhere to put him and nowhere will take him i tryed everywhere. What should I do???

paulweck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm pretty sure your LFS would like donated fish.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:06 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ya I've asked the lfs and also asked PETCO nobody wants him there is a few other place I could ask but there like 45 min away at least with no traffic
Old 01-17-2012, 12:12 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Private LFS usually takes any fish. Very strange indeed.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:25 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulweck
Ya I've asked the lfs and also asked PETCO nobody wants him there is a few other place I could ask but there like 45 min away at least with no traffic
My damsel did the same to my percula clowns. I got a lionfish and he took care of the problem lol You can euthanize the damsel or burn it with fire. Both ways kill it fast enough for him not die while slowly suffering.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well my lfs just changed owners from a family owned business to and corp. Owned shop. So I dono maybe I'll ask somebody different next time. But the person I talked to was telling me no especially after telling him why I need him gone
Old 01-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim

My damsel did the same to my percula clowns. I got a lionfish and he took care of the problem lol You can euthanize the damsel or burn it with fire. Both ways kill it fast enough for him not die while slowly suffering.
I don't know how I feel about killing him. Ive thought about it when looking at my new clowns fins all jacked up. But.........
Old 01-17-2012, 12:52 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulweck View Post
Call that LFS and see before you make the trip?
Old 01-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

This 5 dollar fish has cost me like 125 bucks already in the fish he's killed. So now not only is he killing my tank now he's killing my gas tank. I'll call the lfs today and see what they say
Old 01-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Put it up on craigslist. If I was closer I would get a tank just for him. I really like that damsel. My lfs has one in a 75 gallon tank by itself, it isn't for sale lol guess it is a bully and they don't want anyone to sell anyone the problem.

Tags
damsel

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com