damsel with out a home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulweck

Aquarium Advice FINatic
OK so a quick backround I've had this Talbot damsel since I've gotten this hobby. Now he was in my very first tank. When I decided to build a reef tank with a different tank I decided to set up the old tank in my other room for him and another damsel to go in. Since then I've added a maroon clown, a puffer( witch he harrased to death), a flame angel ( witch also didn't make it in the tsnk with this mean fish) and lion fish who is doing fine everybody just lets him do his thing.

About 1 1/2 weeks ago I bought a yellow stripe maroon to try and pair with my other maroon clownfish. Since putting him in the tank he have been getting beat up buy this damsel and since the two clowns started hanging out hes beef fighting with them both.

Now i have nowhere to put him and nowhere will take him i tryed everywhere. What should I do???

Last edited:
Ya I've asked the lfs and also asked PETCO nobody wants him there is a few other place I could ask but there like 45 min away at least with no traffic

paulweck said:
Ya I've asked the lfs and also asked PETCO nobody wants him there is a few other place I could ask but there like 45 min away at least with no traffic

My damsel did the same to my percula clowns. I got a lionfish and he took care of the problem lol You can euthanize the damsel or burn it with fire. Both ways kill it fast enough for him not die while slowly suffering.

Well my lfs just changed owners from a family owned business to and corp. Owned shop. So I dono maybe I'll ask somebody different next time. But the person I talked to was telling me no especially after telling him why I need him gone

Ibrahim said:
My damsel did the same to my percula clowns. I got a lionfish and he took care of the problem lol You can euthanize the damsel or burn it with fire. Both ways kill it fast enough for him not die while slowly suffering.

I don't know how I feel about killing him. Ive thought about it when looking at my new clowns fins all jacked up. But.........

This 5 dollar fish has cost me like 125 bucks already in the fish he's killed. So now not only is he killing my tank now he's killing my gas tank. I'll call the lfs today and see what they say

Put it up on craigslist. If I was closer I would get a tank just for him. I really like that damsel. My lfs has one in a 75 gallon tank by itself, it isn't for sale lol guess it is a bully and they don't want anyone to sell anyone the problem.

Well I found a store to take him as a donation. It took me like 3 hours to catch him. By the time I got him out and drove to the store the place was closing. But atleast he's gone and my clowns can now start to get to know each other I just hope it ain't to late for the lil guy. His fins hot beat up pretty bad but other then that he seen fine. It was cool to see him be able to swim around the tank without getting bit and smacked in the face with the damsels tail

Glad to see you found him a place. I was going to suggest putting him in a fuge if you have one. I put a fuge in my sump in the hopes of finding a mantis shrimp eventually. Other than the mantis being cool, I also have the option to threaten bad fish with banishment to the netherworld! LOL

John

Ya I thought about that but I've already had him in my fuge before but he was making a mess digging in my dsb and have fine sand floting in my water column was not a option

Wow, he was a super devil fish! You should have stuck him in a separate tank and charged other reefers in the neighborhood "protection" money. hahaha Fish mafia!

John

Back
Top Bottom