Diamond goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

E249

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone I just bought a diamond goby for my 55 gallon tank. They do best with sandy substrate but I have larger crushed coral as substrate. Is this still ok?

They can have severe issues with substrate that is too big for them to sift. it can hurt their mouths and insides too. :-( Thats how they eat so that can create another issue.....

Cantareadio said:
Oh no
Do you know someone w sand you can sell/give/trade?

+1 try and give him back to the lfs. If you dont he could die because of the rocks like carey said, starve because he has no food to eat, an even if you do replace the sand it wont be established and there will be nofood for him

Mine likes shrimp flakes and blood worms BUT as stated it may harm his mouth :(
Also they LOVE redecorating (moving sand, digging tunnels and sand caves) so this will affect him :(

Where do you live, I'll buy it from ya ;)

Thanks everybody I was able to talk to the guy I got it from and sold it back before any harm came to him. Thanks for all the help

E249 said:
Thanks everybody I was able to talk to the guy I got it from and sold it back before any harm came to him. Thanks for all the help

Smart, good job giving the fish to a better home. Did you get a differant goby?

Na I'm not going to get another goby I think I might get a blenny instead

Back
Top Bottom