Diatoms best way to get rid of it?....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike3epanda

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought a camel shrimp and really disappointed that it is not fully reef safe (LFS TOLD ME IT WAS)... anyways I get so much diatoms everyday and want to know what I should get for cleanup crew... I only have very few so far so maybe u guys can give me some suggestions, oh and make sure it is ok for reef too!

PS
I am getting rid of my chocolate chip starfishes so any ideas on new reef safe starfishes?..

I dont got pics but I just uploaded a vid on youtube.. check it out (kinda long & boring but I like it..) :p

TIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snails are the best thing for diatoms and a good clean up crew will have a few variaties.

I got 2 big ones.. ( i think They're mexican turbo) and it kinda looks like they're mopping it halfway... so how many more should I get??

I also got 1 turbo trochus & 1 sand & 1 tiger sand conch?... what type would be the most efficient?

thanks again

Snails do work well, especially Astraea sp.. Diatomes on the front glass is something we all battle in this hobby. A good cleaning once or twice a week with a sponge works for me.

I got mag-float for the glass... I'm worried about my sand & LR... they're kinda getting thicker in a rusty dusty way

Back
Top Bottom