Did Halloween Crab kill Goby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jandc805

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had my yellowhead goby for 6 months with no problem till I found it 90% eaten yesterday and found wrapped around my insert. I did purchase a Halloween crab last week and think it might of caught it sleeping at night and ate it. Is this possible? Anyone had this happen before? Should I get rid of my crab?

I dont think it was the crabs fault... I think the goby was probably dead/dying and the halloween crab cleaned it up..

Halloween hermit crabs are clean up crew. It is their job to clean up dead matter. They aren't preditors. Sorry can't give you a cause of death, just how he was being disposed of.

The day before I did not see it eat and I have noticed the last month that its yellowhead was not so bright anymore. I'm hoping it just died due to natural causes and didnt get killed.

I have two Halloween hermits along with 4 smaller fish (2 clowns, redline wrasse and a yellow head goby) and have never seen any aggression.. I did have a coral beauty that died a couple of months ago and found one of the crabs munching on him.. Like was said about, they're just cleaning up.. Not the cause

Back
Top Bottom