Dirty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Give it a go see what happens. It worked for me but I only had snails and a few crabs at the time and it seemed to have no ill effects. You fish will get a really good nights rest. Lol maybe someone else will chime in to confirm my idea. Good luck and let us know how it turns out. :)

I started it today and ill keep them off till wed and see how it looks!!

So I think my hair algae is looking better but I'm not really sure, ill pat a pic when my light comes on

I did not , ill bring a sample to a lfs tomorrow I don't have a test for phos.

So I got it tested and they said my nitrate was a little high, I knew that I'm doing a water change now, and then they said my phos was low, .05 I think it was the second to lowest level on the card I can't remember exactly what he said

Hmm the phospate is probally locked up in the algae then. From this point on I would say more water changes and maybe less feeding. What water do you use for pwc?

Hahaha I'm pretty sure this is why tho, I said it before....... Tap water, I know I know it's bad but I can't afford to buy water and I'm saving up to get a rodi

Ah the root cause. Lol I guess I never noticed before. Well in that case it's hard to deal with I guess just keep saving up. I asked for mine this past Christmas. Maybe if you have a birthday coming up ya could get lucky. I used to get water from the grocery stores it worked for me but I did always have algae in the sandbed, now it grows on the sides of the tank and that really it. Good luck acquiring your rodi unit. :)

I'm prob just going to wait till summer break when I work more and splurge on one from bulk reef supply

Back
Top Bottom