Disbar Anthias

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the grim reefer

Aquarium Advice Regular
My LFS just got in some disbar anthias and they are beautiful..any feedback on them? Also I have read that they are difficult to keep. My LFS guy said that its getting them to eat at 1st then they are a good fish to have..he will make sure that they are eating if I decide to take one. Also I have read mixed reviews on how many. Because I want to have different colors in my tank I was hoping to get away with 1 but they are a schooling fish. So would 1 or 2 be better do you think?

Thanks Grim

I had a single anthias for sometime. It did not do well. One thing to consider with anthias is your ability to feed multiple times a day (3+). They have very high metabolism and need to eat small portions several times a day. This can also be difficult if you have other agressive eaters in the tank as my anthias was not. I think this was my downfall as I am gone during the day.

I have also heard small schools do best 1 male 2 females. Possibly someone with more experience with this particular species can offer more guidance.

HTH,

I have the bartletts anthias and 1 pink square anthias. I only feed every other day and on the off days They eat some of the seaweed selects that I have for my tang. I`ve read about the multiple eatings but after 6 months so far so good. As a matter of fact here they are

Attachments

• 100_0296_109.jpg
    100_0296_109.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 279
They are absolutely beautiful! That is why I have to have them....thank you for the picture of the eye candy melosu.....I am going to go and get them tomorrow...he only has 2 left.

Thanks Again Guys!

Back
Top Bottom