Do Flame Hawkfish get along with Blenny's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madlynb

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have been trying to remove the hairy algae in my tank. I have been able to remove most of it by water changes, turning off all lighting and covering the tank w/black bags to avoid light getting in, for a few days. But, I still have some hairy algae. So, since hawkfish won't allow cleaner shrimp, snails into the tank, can blenny's survive with hawkfish? I have two hawkfish in my tank and didn't realize that they would prey on my cleaner crew, as they have.:confused:

I have on flame hawkfish about 1-1/2" long and a Falco hawkfish about 3-1/2" long.

in my brothers 75 gallon tank we have a tang, hawkfish, angel and wrasse that all seem to be getting along fine. Have you considered getting a sea hare? I have a blue spotted one in my nano that did wonders to my hair algae problem...i do not know if the hawkfish will leave it be or not

Do you have any hermit crabs? My blue legged hermit ate hair algae. Also I bought a Scopus Tang and he ate it as well. My lawnmower blenny wouldnt eat it tho. Go figure. You could try the hermits and see if the work for ya. Also the light issue seemed to work well.

Back
Top Bottom