Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-31-2017, 08:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Do I need to cure clean dry rock

So in the near future I am upgrading my 150 fowler to a 225. Years ago when I bought a complete set-up, the guy gave me 3 Rubbermaid bins of "live" rock. I used alot of it in my 150, I gave some to friends (no regrets, lol), and the rest has been in my attic. Yesterday, I pulled the rest out and I put it in a bin with a heater and circulator pump. So that rock is "curing." I'll add some bacteria this week.

I also bought 30 pounds of clean dry rock from reef cleaners. Now he says: It has been professionally cleaned and dried after a long soak in a deep water well to prevent leaching of phosphates. This rock is free of organics except the dust that may settle on it during transport. Because of this it can be added to an established tank without causing a cycle. In my opinion, I can just toss this into the aquarium after a dust rinse. It will grow its own organisms. I am going to be swapping over all my current live rock and sand. Am I on in thinking this, or do need to cure the dry rock as well.

https://www.reefcleaners.org/aquarium-store/florida-reef-rock-30lbs-free-shipping

Old 02-01-2017, 12:32 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

You can either cite it yourself or put it directly into the system once cleaned off.
Sniperhank is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
clean, cure, dry, dry rock, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com