Do I need to cure clean dry rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jasonrusso

Aquarium Advice Freak
[FONT=&quot]So in the near future I am upgrading my 150 fowler to a 225. Years ago when I bought a complete set-up, the guy gave me 3 Rubbermaid bins of "live" rock. I used alot of it in my 150, I gave some to friends (no regrets, lol), and the rest has been in my attic. Yesterday, I pulled the rest out and I put it in a bin with a heater and circulator pump. So that rock is "curing." I'll add some bacteria this week. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I also bought 30 pounds of clean dry rock from reef cleaners. Now he says: It has been professionally cleaned and dried after a long soak in a deep water well to prevent leaching of phosphates. This rock is free of organics except the dust that may settle on it during transport. Because of this it can be added to an established tank without causing a cycle. In my opinion, I can just toss this into the aquarium after a dust rinse. It will grow its own organisms. I am going to be swapping over all my current live rock and sand. Am I on in thinking this, or do need to cure the dry rock as well. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]https://www.reefcleaners.org/aquarium-store/florida-reef-rock-30lbs-free-shipping[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom