Do I want Anemones or not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The more I read the more I wonder if LR was a good idea, Fish only may have been a better choice but it is a heck of a learning experience.

The more I read the more I wonder if LR was a good idea, Fish only may have been a better choice but it is a heck of a learning experience.

NO NO !! I didn't mean to scare you... LR IS the way to go.. All the things I mentioned are good things :) .. Well... maybe the Vermitis Snail will have to go ;)

I agree with the captain. 6-9 months is needed to have a mature tank that can house an anenome. And BTW your lights are nowhere near enough

Well okay, I look over the rock daily, the colors seem to be good from what I heard and read and I compare to the tank at the shop where I go, purple is good and there are two shades of purple a few bloom like things that are maybe a maroon color or darker, some light grey areas, at the base of a few of the rock is brown algae I presume the lawnmower blenny is all over that and some snails I bought and maybe a little bit of light green here and there.

so as far as I can see maybe around January we will consider more light and maybe move on to other living SW creatures

It's only just begun man... LOL...Just wait... Things will start popping up all over the place as the tank matures. I've got bugs everywhere, tiny worms on my glass at night, a Vermitis (sp) snail building his tube under my Duncan, a weird snail shooting eggs (or sperm) up into my water column all the time, sponges growing..etc...etc:clown:

I know, lol, the things that you discover on a day to day basis is amazing and fun! You'll love it and everyday you will probably have something new to research :p

"a weird snail shooting eggs (or sperm) up into my water column all the time, sponges growing..etc...etc:clown:"
That worm that is shoot stuff into the water column is shooting out waste. What goes in comes out through the same opening.
I call them "throw net" worms, watch them closely they are pretty neat animals.

I blow off my LR with a turkey baster once a week or so and like to watch the worms put out their nets to catch the detritus, when the nets full they haul the net in.Then later they expell the waste like little grains of sand.

Back
Top Bottom