Do snail eat cheato alge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J33ps

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have some alge in my refuge so I was thinking of sticking a couple of snail in there but I don't want them to eat the cheato alge in suggestions?

So can no one answer my Question or is it a dum one and the can and will eat the cheato alge

Most of the time snails don't bother with it. If they get hungry enough as in a lack of their preferred foods Astraea will munch on it. 99% that turbo won't though.

I'm putting them in a fuge is there anything better to put in there that would eat the alge and nothing else

Algae eaters, herbivores they're all gonna eat algaes. Some like chaeto some don't. Might try nudibranch. Or cuc.

Sweet. You may be unlucky and find that the snails do too. This hobby is fun like that there is an exception to every rule. I've heard people say that their tangs eat it as well. I have a blue hippo and a yellow tang. I put some in my display and it is still there they won't touch it.

That it does. Super quick. And it's not messy at all. Really stays together well. I left it in the display and just tear some off to keep smallish bushes if you will. Just in case I get stuck out of town I figure the tangs will eat it rather than starve to death. I hope.

Yeah. Or stupid. Lol. But hey hope all goes well for ya. Lemme know in a couple weeks?

Back
Top Bottom