Do Tangs go Missing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Choas

Aquarium Advice Activist
My Tang was out last night and fine. Now today I can't find him any where. I looked where he sleeps nope not there. I looked all over with out moving the rocks. Should I be worried about him or do they come up missing for a day or to? He is not on the Filters I checked all that.

Oddly enough my yellow tang is missing today too. Tangs are known swimmers and mine are always out and into everything so yes I would be and am worried. I know I have a mantis so traps are coming out.

Great I just Thought it was a things Tangs did now I guess I go digging in the Live Rock.

Please post your water parameters with good test kits (Ammo, nitrite, nitrate, SG, pH). Do you have any corals in your system? Do you have a QT tank at the ready? Does he have any marks on his body? How do his gills look? Is he breathing rapidly? When was the last time you saw him eat? What do you feed him? How does his belly look (pinched, or good and round)? When was the last time you saw him swimming and acting normally?

Those are the off the top of my head questions. Hopefully we'll learn something from that and will be able to better guide you.

He is breathing Slow and I saw him eat 2 days ago. He is a Dark Yellow look and Belly is fine. Brine Shirmp, Seaweed, and frozen cubes. Yesterday he was fine and swiming. No marks. No QT tank. I have button Polps.

Ammo? Nitrite? Nitrate? No sugar spots? No abrasions? How long have you had him? How did you acclimate him? How long has your tank been setup?

Wow. Now I can't wait to get home and see mine! That's just strange.

Mine is still out...yeah

No "yeahing" allowed in the obituary section. :)

I did not see mine today when I feed and it is always out. He could be hiding in the rock but I doubt it. :(

Mine Dead Ammo 0 Nitrites 0 nitrates 0. For 2 Weeks I have had him. My tank been running for a month and 2 weeks. Don't Know what Sugar spots are. The Filter marks where on him. His eyes where brown all over.

ok my tang is most definetly missing havnt seen him in two days weird he is always out and i dont have anything that will eat him

Back
Top Bottom