Do you have to use RO water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would try to use r/o if at all posible, get it from a fish store, buy a unit online or where I live there are 3 companys that sell units culligan, planet earth and the filter guys all sell much cheaper then the units with the fish pictures on them and they will replace filters test your water and take care of the units you can rent from them. I have a kent maxima 4stage 50gpd unit it produces 2 gal an hour, I have no idea about the waste its plumbed into the house, but every time its time to replace filters I regret not checking into the other options. They are worth having, fetching 40gallons a month from the lfs is a workout and hassle that gets old fast. I got mine to get rid of algae, slime and hair that went away and never came back after battling them for a few years with the tap water.
I'm going to get an RO/DI unit in the very near future before i fill the tank which i get today. I figure I'll start filling it up in about 2 weeks. I'm going to install the unit above the sink that is going to be installed right next to the tank. 2 gallons an hour sound better than 5 gallons in 4 hours. I'm not about to go through fetching water or any of that after 1 herniated l4/l5 disk, 2 shoulder surgeries and 1 knee surgery in the past 2 years, everything is pain free and i plan on keeping that way. Like CaptainAhab stated if you want to play you have to pay or was it you have to pay if you want to play.
Either way this entire process is all good.

Keith

Back
Top Bottom