Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-22-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Question do you think i will be overstocked?

i have a 45 gallon tank with 50 pounds of live rock, a eheim cannisterfilter(100 gallon filtration) remora protein skimmer, a powerhead(not sure the model but has a filter attached to it as well) water changes every week

stock:

yellow wrasse - 2 inches
Toby pufferfish- 3.5 inches
maroon clown- 3.5 inches
scooter blenny- 2.5 inches

i want to add a neon goby or blue goby its got alot of diff names lol but its the black one with the blue line down the middle of the body
their really small and only get 2 inches max, you think i could get one of these guys possibly a pair of them?

Old 03-23-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

26 views no replys lol is this a hard question?

Old 03-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

LOL We are here just not social today i guess. I would think you'd be ok with one more fish, specially a small one. I can have about four in my 29 so you should be ok.

I'm not sure about that puffer though. I'm still new at this too. that might put your numbers lower if he's big and messy. Hopefully someone will come along, they usually do....
Old 03-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

yeaa everyone comments on my puffer lol, but hes not that big hes about 3.5 inches and he gets fed seperately whole brine shrimps that way the mess is reduced and i make sure he eats everything i give him plus that scooter blenny loves picking up hes scraps anyway!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:13 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Is he one of those puffers that can gigantic or like a dwarf one? I'm gonna upgrade to a larger tank soon and would love a puffer. i dont even know if they are reef safe. Time to do some research. lol
Old 03-23-2011, 08:52 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

its a dwarf one the fiji neon toby puffer fish awesome fish my favorite one very personable and i have been lucky enough to get such a nice one that doesnt bully anyone and actually enjoys the company of all the other fish i have in my tank

Tags
overstock, overstocked

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com