docile only list - need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, Innovator, Bioballs fully submerged in water.

I had actually researched fake decor on other sites before buying it and the issue of toxicity was never raised. The thought of removing the fake decor leaves me very:(

I did so much "homework" before embarking upon this SW venture, even though I knew that I would have the site professionally maintained, at least initially. But I keep finding out more and more (usually negative) things!

I would first add more live rock. This will serve as your main biological filtration, helping to keep your water parameters in check. Once you have cycled, if you haven't already, and have added live rock, I would then just remove the bioballs since submerged bioballs defeat their purpose and will just accumulate/trap waste in this manner.

Replacing pieces of live rock crumbs in where the bio balls were is going to do the same thing as the balls did, but wayy better. You gona get all that beneficial bacteria that you need for your tank to succeed. You dont ever want them fully submerged. More like a trickle on top of them and then through the rest of the filter. Did it come with a trickle tray?

That would be litres per hour and is just under 650 gallons per hour.

As for LR rubble, you do want to have if fully submerged and you do not want water to trickle over it. Bacteria live on the surface. With bioballs you just have the surface you see. LR is very porous so there is surface area all through the the rock, nor just on the outside.

I agree with Cmor that you do want the LR rubble submerged. This will add to your nitrifying bacteria that you have as well as your anerobic bacteria.

Update 12-01-08

Right now, I have a docile tank and everybody is getting along just swimmingly :D
I had some chromis (chromi) but had to return them to the LFS because the clown harassed them.
I have 1 false percula, 1 bicolor blenny, 1 citron goby, 1 Pajama Cardinal, and 1 chalk bass.
Looking to add neon goby and/or Dwarf Angelfish and/or Six Line Wrasse.

Back
Top Bottom