Does this list work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdogg85

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm going to stock my 75g with shrimp, snails, maybe crabs, and a starfish or 2. Will these fish harass the inverts?

1 Flame angel
1 Powder blue tang
2 Ocellaris clowns
1 Pearlscale butterfly
3 green clown gobies

Also, if I get crabs, what kind would not kill the snails for their shells, yet still do the job?

Thanks for any feedback

The powder blue tang/surgeonfish needs a bigger tank.The clownfish have to be a mated pair.

If you get crabs get some emerald crabs about 2.Maybe a small sally-light-foot crab?Zebra hermit crabs...

The powder blue needs at least a 125 gallon tank (6 ft). I would only have 1 star in a 75 gallon and 1 clown goby.

I agree, go with one of the other tang choices. The clowns don't need to be a mated pair. They will either pair up or there will be trouble in a 75g probably. If you get two try and get a bigger and a smaller to help along the dominance dance that is going to occur.

Why only 1 goby, I read it is best for these to be in small groups. What would be a suitable tang besides a regal(don't want ich every time i turn around.) Will emerald crabs eat my shrimp or snails? Should I wait a few months before putting in a starfish? The lady at the lfs told me just keep an eye on my parameters and I could pretty well do what I want, but several sites I've read say to let the tank mature a few months before putting a starfish in. When it comes time to put life in the tank, should I start with one snail or crab and let him go for a week to see if he'll live then start making my additions. What would be the order I should add my fish in? I know I'm asking alot of questions, but you all have been through the motions and know what your doing, and I don't want to needlessly kill anything if I don't have to because I don't know what I'm doing other than reading a test kit.

The yellow tang might be something.Emerald crabs aren't likely to eat shrimp or snails,but I'm not 100% sure.Wait like 6-8 months before putting in a starfish they need a stable tank.I would add the algae eaters first(crabs and the like)and then the snails and so forth JMO.List:

2 ocellaris clowns
x? clown gobies?
1 flame angel
1 yellow tang?
1 pearlscale butterflyfish

Why only 1 goby, I read it is best for these to be in small groups.

Not so. LA says
"For the best care, house single specimens in a 10 gallon or larger aquarium, preferably with branching coral to best recreate the natural habitat of the Yellow Clown Goby. It will rarely demonstrate aggression towards other fish, but will fight with its own kind especially in smaller aquarium systems. Therefore, it is best to keep the Yellow Clown Goby with other docile species."

Not so. LA says
"For the best care, house single specimens in a 10 gallon or larger aquarium, preferably with branching coral to best recreate the natural habitat of the Yellow Clown Goby. It will rarely demonstrate aggression towards other fish, but will fight with its own kind especially in smaller aquarium systems. Therefore, it is best to keep the Yellow Clown Goby with other docile species."

What about a green clown goby, brown clow goby, yellow clown goby etc. together?

All your clown gobies are the same. Really alot of gobies are like that. They get along with other fish but not other gobies. I believe that Quote I gave from LA is on there for almost all the gobies.

that's what I said. I would like to have 3 green clown gobies. Will the cuc be enough to help clean the sand and rocks off or is there a goby that will help in that also. Plus in the photo forum I put a new pic of rock i got and wondered if this carpet looking stuff should be removed?

snails, shrimp, starfish, and maybe a crab or 2

turbo, margarita, nassarious snails
1 fire shrimp
2 skunk shrimp
either a sand cleaning sea star or an orangelinckia
trying to find a non snail killing crab if one exists

How many snails of each?Go with 4 nassarious snails,2 turbo snails and 4-5 margarita snails.Shrimp ok.And for crabs go with emerald crabs, about 3.

Actually after reading a few well hidden articles and being told Ic an skip the crabs, I believe I will start off with 2 nassarious,2 ceriths,2 nerites, and 2 margaritas. I have this question up on a couple different posts. I had posted I wanted bumblebees but apparently they like to eat other snails so that's a no go. With this list I will have 8 total snails starting out, should I add them all at once or add them in stages?

Back
Top Bottom