Does this look like a healthy tank ??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rossij101

Aquarium Advice Activist
Had it bout 6 months ain't seen much corlline algae had few early probs' things seem ok at the moment ........

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Attachments

• image-1043901226.jpg
    image-1043901226.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 373
  • image-1677817911.jpg
    image-1677817911.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 346
  • image-1999719809.jpg
    image-1999719809.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 345
  • image-2813628833.jpg
    image-2813628833.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 349
  • image-1231165921.jpg
    image-1231165921.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 342
I really like it! The tank looks super healthy to me and the fish look as cooktop as can be! I didn't mean to rhyme there....:) But, anyway, nice job! How big is your tank?

George9 said:
I really like it! The tank looks super healthy to me and the fish look as cooktop as can be! I didn't mean to rhyme there....:) But, anyway, nice job! How big is your tank?

It's a cuboid tank and I'm pretty sure it's a 90l tank I know it's nt the biggest!! But Thanks 4 that!! what u think about lack of coraline algae ??? U think I'll get it??

You can seed for coraline algae, or to take the long rout, you can buy a piece of live rock that already has some on it and wait for it to spead. That's what I did and it takes a long time.

Looks pretty nice. The cleaner wrasse is picking parasites off your fish. I`ve never known one to live longer than 4 months. They dont do good in home aquariums.

I have 2 cleaner wrasses as well that eat prepared foods :) they love brine shrimp lol

Rossij101 said:
It's a cuboid tank and I'm pretty sure it's a 90l tank I know it's nt the biggest!! But Thanks 4 that!! what u think about lack of coraline algae ??? U think I'll get it??

Don't worry about that, some tanks get coraline algae sooner than others. Just wait, the time differs for everyone. It'll be fine; I promise! :)

No, it's not, it's a good looking algae that is beneficial to the system.

i don't know how beneficial it is, but people seem to like it and want it. it can be a nuisance, because it needs to be scraped off of the glass with a blade, rather than just a mag float. as stated before me, it needs to be introduced in order to grow.
as for the question of a healthy tank, coralline algae has nothing to do with it. the lack of nuisance algae and cyanobacteria is a good sign though (though it's not seen in these pics, i have commented on your other post about the open top tank).

Last edited:
mr_X said:
i don't know how beneficial it is, but people seem to like it and want it. it can be a nuisance, because it needs to be scraped off of the glass with a blade, rather than just a mag float. as stated before me, it needs to be introduced in order to grow.
as for the question of a healthy tank, coralline algae has nothing to do with it. the lack of nuisance algae and cyanobacteria is a good sign though (though it's not seen in these pics, i have commented on your other post about the open top tank).

There is no nuisance algae in the tank now that was an early pic from when I did have a few probs........I cut down on feeding done v regular pwc and cut lighting time down it done the trick!!

Back
Top Bottom