Done cycling... need some thoughts.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

celtic_dude

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had my 37g tank up and running for about 9 months now. I started out with cc and about 45lbs of lr. After about 3 months I added a damsel. 2 weeks ago I added about 15 hermits and have 15 snails arriving tommorrow. I was wondering about adding a few more things but wasn't sure if I can add at the same time or if I should stagger. I am bringing the damsel back to my lfs and purchasing 2 tank raised clowns. I was also thinking about adding shortspine urchin, a banded coral shrimp and condylactis anemone. Any thoughts on this. I wasn't sure if inverts counted as much to the nitrate cycle. Thanks

mike3epanda said:
u gota get rid of CC...go with sand

CC is a perfectly acceptable medium. Alot more work to maintain, but it is acceptable. I have it in 3 of my tanks and have had it for years.

Usually inverts dont add that much to the nitrogen cycle. What does concern me is that is alot of hermits for that size tank. If you dont have enough for them to eat then they will kill your snails and eat them. You might want to leave a piece of seaweed on the rock for them to eat. JMO

Hara said:
mike3epanda said:
u gota get rid of CC...go with sand

CC is a perfectly acceptable medium. Alot more work to maintain, but it is acceptable. I have it in 3 of my tanks and have had it for years.
it is acceptable but if u want 2 meet ur nitrates goal, sand is best way to go... I've had CC too but pretty much everyone told me to go with sand

Back
Top Bottom