Dont know what kind of shark i bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmgixxer

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just recently added a shark to my tank but I am unsure what kind it is I uploaded a pic. Please help.

Attachments

• image-2143741236.jpg
    image-2143741236.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 344
Thank you. I thought it might be an albino because while the light was on its eyes we're not open the I turned the lights off and saw its eyes open.

Those get over 3ft long wow you might be upgrading again from the 210 soon.

+1

It's always better to do your research prior to purchase. Granted, that shark is a very handsome fellow, but still, ultimately it's about the fish. As the Rolling Stones said, "you can't always get what you want...." :flowers:

ballingcrew, you have the ability to "edit" any of your posts, if you miss a word or want to just add something..... use the "edit" button on the bottom right of the post you wish to edit. :)

Yup. Agreed. 500+ gallons. Sorry. Nothing under a 300 will suffice for any shark (coral and marble cats can go in 300).

from a book ive read, I'd say it's a Gray Bamboo Shark. I have a Banded Bamboo and the don't look that light until almost full size.

A 210 will be fine for the entirety of the sharks life if not close, great looking shark! I'm sure someones are going to tell you your going to need a 1000G tank or something irrational haha!

ErrolP said:
A 210 will be fine for the entirety of the sharks life if not close, great looking shark! I'm sure someones are going to tell you your going to need a 1000G tank or something irrational haha!

Would love to hear you explain how a 3.5 foot shark can live its whole life in a 2 foot wide tank. While it won't die immediately because of it. It certainly won't live or grow to its potential.

Its not so much the gallons of the tank, its the footprint of the tank. I'd say an absolute MINIMUM of 6'x3'. Sharks get big and need room to swim, thus the need for big tanks. If you don't want to hear people tell you they need one, either don't buy the shark or give it the appropriate sized tank.

BallinCrew10 said:
Would love to hear you explain how a 3.5 foot shark can live its whole life in a 2 foot wide tank. While it won't die immediately because of it. It certainly won't live or grow to its potential.

Its not so much the gallons of the tank, its the footprint of the tank. I'd say an absolute MINIMUM of 6'x3'. Sharks get big and need room to swim, thus the need for big tanks. If you don't want to hear people tell you they need one, either don't buy the shark or give it the appropriate sized tank.

+1

If you cant give it the proper sized tank, dont buy it!
ErrolP, how can it possibly live in a tank that it wont be able to turn around in as an adult? Thats like you living in a closet.
Granted, it will be fine for awhile, but dont ever assume that the 210 it its permanent home.

Back
Top Bottom